Tuesday, January 3, 2012

So What Do You Do All Day?

This seems to be the popular question asked often of a woman on bedrest.  I try and keep myself occupied during the day.  The more distracted I can be the faster and easier the day goes.  I really try and not think about how much further I have to go with my pregnancy, it is overwhelming and scary to think about.  My days pretty much follow the same routine that they had before I went on bedrest.  I get up when Oliver wakes up.  I still am involved in his care, but can't lift him.  I pick out his clothes and decide what he will eat.  I basically direct his care from the couch.  We play and read books together.  Some days I hang out in my pajamas for awhile but I always get dressed everyday.  Some days I will take a shower, just because I am not allowed much activity doesn't mean that I have to be stinky. 
I pretty much have one or two doctor appointments a week, so depending on where the appointments are I could be gone for half the day or only about an hour.
I am working my way through my reading list which is nice.  I spend a lot of time on www.goodreads.com selecting new books to read and checking out what my friends are reading.  Our Netflix subscription is getting a good workout and I have now watched so many television series it isn't funny.  Every afternoon my mom and I watch the Rachel Ray Show and the Ellen Show.   My Sidelines buddy told me about www.pogo.com which is an online game site.  Those games are like crack, and some days I play a lot of games. There are also quite a few blogs that I follow and I do read them throughout the day.
When my husband is home from work we have been having discussions about all things baby and Oliver.  I am fast approaching viability and we have been debating for a few weeks about what gestational age we would feel comfortable letting the local NICU care for the baby if s/he comes early.  There isn't an easy answer as there are all these unknown outcomes. 
Basically, I just try and get through each day without freaking out.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you need anything Jean Bean :) You're a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I’m impressed .. hate the game before realizing about your site
    Pogo Help

    ReplyDelete