Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Running (Ha! like I will be doing that anytime soon)

Pregnancy is a lot like distance running: slow and steady, one foot in front of the other.  Your body paces itself.  I am now 25 weeks and 5 days pregnant.  I have been out of the hospital since the 13th of January and it is so nice!  Today I had my weekly appointment with the MFM doctors and things are holding steady.  So, I get another week at home since my body is behaving.  Each week that I don't get admitted is a small celebration.  I have kind looked at this pregnancy like running a marathon, each week is another mile that I have run.  When I am running I have a small celebration or feeling of accomplishment with each mile marker I pass.  Right now I feel like I am gearing up to run up a big hill, it will be hard to get to the top but once up you get a small break as you coast down the other side.  The hill for this pregnancy is coming up starting tomorrow that is the point when my water broke with Oliver.  I feel like tomorrow is one of the first really big milestones to get past and then the hill will continue until Valentine's Day.  On Valentine's Day I will be 27 weeks 4 days, after 5:19 PM I will be in new pregnancy territory, thus the downhill part of the race. 
I think the 15th of February will call for a celebration!  Not too big of one because that will have to wait until this baby and I reach the finish line. 

1 comment: